Saturday, August 14, 2010

I Haz Editor Letter!

Sorry this is so late. Today's post was supposed to be an interview for a friend, but that didn't happen. Maybe later this week.

On a high note, I got my editorial letter for Badlands today. I've been waiting for this on pins and needles. Over the last several weeks, I started compiling a list of things my editor might ask me to add/change. I laughed when I opened the email because almost everything she mentioned (one exception) was on my list.

Of course, so were a lot of other things. Fortunately, the ones she picked didn't make me cringe, at least not too badly. Some of them are more labor intensive than others, but I'm excited about the ways they'll improve the story. I ran through the easiest issues today, and really all that's left are the big ones. Sure, they are the most work, but they're also the ones that will have the most impact on the final product.

Overall, what I'm taking away from this letter is that it's fabulous when your editor shares your vision for the story, when they really get what you were going for and love it as much as you do.

Then again, check with me in about a week and make sure I'm not pulling out my hair by the roots. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think