Tuesday, October 25, 2011

NaNoReb(el)s: One Week Countdown

REBEL CHAT at 9:00pm est (10/26/11)! Click here!

Hi all! It's less than one week to NaNoWriMo 2011. Do you have your plans ready?

For those not in the know, NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing

Month, and it takes place every November. The goal is, within the month of November to write 50,000 words on a novel. Some of the #NaNoRebels here have actually signed on for that. Others have signed on to do something a bit different (lower word count, finishing a story for submission, editing...). But we wanted a place where all the Rebels who wanted could gather together, plan some virtual write-ins, offer support on Twitter, etc. So, I volunteered my blogs: this one and JulieParticka.com. I'll be posting stuff here on Tuesdays, there on Thursdays.

What I want to do right now is talk about Twitter (by the way, if you haven't yet, go ahead and follow this me, @SelestedeLaney, just so I keep everyone nice and organized). A lot of us use it and love it already. Some use it and hate it. Others have accounts but don't use it at all. And some of us just haven't gone there yet. There was a request for me to do a quick Twitter class. Since life grabbed me by the metaphorical balls and didn't let go, I lost track of time and now we're down to a week before. So... Twitter class will be tomorrow, Wednesday, October 26, at 9:00 pm eastern time at Chatzy. I will put a direct link to the room here tomorrow evening. Please make sure you have created a Twitter account in advance of the class and please download tweetdeck. I don't normally use regular Twitter, so it'll be a much more productive class if we're all on the same page.

For those of you who know what you're doing Twitter-wise, just remember to use the hashtag so everyone sees your tweets. And... speaking of the hashtag. *sigh* #NaNoRebels is already an official NaNo thing. So, by all means use it too, but I'm shortening ours to #NaNoRebs just so we have a thing just for those of us in the group. (Yes, it's an open group and everyone can join, but if we're all talking, I don't want it to get lost in a larger twitter feed).

*Big exhale*

Okay, now that that's out of the way, how about we all talk about what our goals are for NaNo? Is it the 50k? Or is it something else?

And if you haven't signed up to join us, click the NaNoRebels thing in my right sidebar and comment there.

10 comments:

  1. As for me... it looks like I'm going to have to spend a little time working on revisions to Badlands 2 early on so I can send it in (YAY!)

    Then, I'm going to have to bust my butt because I'm still shooting for the 50k. Right now it's on my sekrit project codenamed (or is it code-acronymed?) TtWM. However, if the happy book gods are on my side, that could change to a Kiss of Death sequel instead (though I am not counting on that right now).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I hope to have THP done by then so I'll be doing a quick edit on that. Then finishing Jenny's book. Don't know if I'll hit 50k though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a total rebel and will be editing starting this weekend. My goal is to be 100% done by the end of November. I can't do a page count because I'm going to be adding a lot of scenes and have no clue where I'll end up. I'll just keep posting my adjusted % as we go. Since I'll be writing new scenes, I will try to participate in some of the writ-ins though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Danni, you can also work on revisions during write-ins since that's your goal (whether its new scenes or not). I just didn't know what to call them other than write-ins. Rebel-ins? Rebel meet-ups? Rebel rousings?

    heheh okay, I kind of like Rebel rousings. It makes me snort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm being a total rebel, and pulling out my YA manuscript I started for Nano last year. My goal is to revamp what I spewed out last year and finish it. 100% done, the end, ready for betas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm starting something new, a fantasy story that have been rolling around in my head for about a year. It stemmed from a piece of art a friend gave me. I'll be shooting for 50k.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My best friend and I are writing a collaborative romance novel this year. We're shooting for 50k apiece, but we've already written about 113k of this particular novel. (Yes, it barely qualifies a romance novel anymore.) So excited to finally be involved with the NaNo Rebels - I've done NaNo six times but always done it by the books int he past.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I received a request to expand on a story for submission (yay!) so I'll be working on extending that as well as finishing up a novel. it's going to be fun! Can't wait to check in with other NaNo Rebels each day. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to joining the fun and meeting my 10k goal for the month. Been wanting to finish up my ms since nano in august so this is great motivation. :) Thanks for organizing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to add at least 20K to my current WIP. I haven't worked on it much in the past few months. Time to play with those cowboys again!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think