|See? Katee Robert & I *are* different people|
- Pace myself because Saturday night is a long way away.
- If I plan on drinking a lot, do not (under any circumstances) mix vodka and rum. I should know this by now, but I always seem to forget.
Having said that, I had a fabulous time. I'm going to do a longer wrap-up for Wicked Lil Pixie, but some highlights of the week:
- Katee Robert. Oh, Lady Soulmate, I had such a good time with you and miss you already. Thanks for putting up with me and my bouts of insanity.
- Aussie dinner. Not only did I share a table with Rebecca York, I shared a cab back to the hotel with Ann Aguirre (and a pissy-ass cab driver, but more on this at Pixie's). It's such an honor that Megan and Jennifer thought enough of me to include me with such an incredible group of authors. I still get fan-girl shivers thinking about it.
- My first panel... ever... anywhere. I was absolutely terrified, but with the fabulous group of women I had there with me, it wasn't nearly as panic-inducing as it could have been and thankfully people seemed to find it really informative. (I ran into a couple women who had attended at the end of the week and they were still debating whether or not to use pen names. I'm calling that a win :) )
- The Gaslamp Gathering. ALWAYS a good time. So many costumes! <3 <3 <3
- The Atrium. If you don't know what that means, you really should have stuck around after the bar closed on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday :P Good times. Thanks, people!
- Angela James telling me to "Calm down and get a drink" at the Carina Press author party. Thanks, Angela, talking to you that night helped me mellow out for the remainder of the convention :)
- Meeting James Rollins at the FanTastic Day Party (where I was supposed to be schmoozing). There is a story here involving the wonderful Deanna Wadsworth, but I'm saving that for Pixie's too (just to embarrass her in front of a bigger audience :P)
- The Harlequin Dance Party and Damon Suede. First, I've never seen the dance floor at RT that full before <3 Second, Damon, you are absolutely fabulous and I totally want to write M/M now because of you. (Still terrified that I can't do it justice, but I think I'm going to try. *gulp*)
Low point of the week? Finding out I was so tired at lunch on Sunday that I totally missed it as Paul Wesley (Stefan Salvatore) walked right in front of my freaking table. Trying to see it from the perspective of that just meaning RT was one hell of a party, but... *sad sigh*
That's it for now. And as a send off, Katee Robert's new (temporary) theme song: