Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Find Me at RT!


(If you will be at RT and collect buttons like I do, make sure you read all the way to the end...)

Twenty-four months ago, I attended my first Romantic Times Booklovers' Convention as an aspiring author. Now I have three short stories, three novellas, and one full-length novel (under my YA name) tucked under my belt, along with the first Blood Kissed novel coming later this year. Today... I leave for my third RT Convention.

My how times have changed. The first year, no one knew who I was, but if you wanted to find me I was be-bopping everywhere. This year... I have a schedule and a pretty hectic one. These are not all the events I'll be attending, these are simply the places I've committed to being as and author.

Tuesday (I will probably get in around 1:30. It might be a bit later as I have a doctor's appointment that morning--crappy scheduling choices FTW!)

  • 7PM-- Dinner with the Australian contingent (offsite) Thanks for the invite, ladies! You rock!


Wednesday (At some point today, the amazing Katee Robert and I will be setting up our "Relax with a good book" prize basket in Club RT. Make sure you enter to win!)

  • 2:15-3:15-- Writing Under Multiple Names (writer panel) in DaVinci A&B
  • 4:45-5:45-- Build-A-Hero Workshop (reader panel) in International D (Note: At least one cover model is supposed to be there to help out!)


Thursday (aka busy-ass day number 1--I'm also pitching in here somewhere)

  • Club RT (there is some confusion over what time, it may be 11:15 or it might be 1:30 or even 2:00--I'll update as soon as I see the official program)
  • 2:45-3:45--Steampunk Gaslamp Gathering (reader event) in O'Hare A, B, & C (Do NOT miss this one. There will be snacks and costumes and a fashion show. People who attended last year loved it.)
  • 4:00-6:00--Signing at the E-book expo (GunShy, Badlands, and Pretty Souls will be available to buy through All Romance E-books. In addition, I'll have print copies of Pretty Souls to sell and sign.)


Friday (aka busy-ass day number 2)

  • 10:00-11:00--Plotters, Pantsers, Plotsers (writer panel) in LaGuardia
  • 11:15-11:45--Club RT appearance
  • Afternoon--Photo shoot with VLC Photography! (offsite)
  • 5:00-7:00--Carina Press author party (offsite)


Saturday (At this point... I'll sleep when I'm dead. Actually I may sleep in the morning :P)

  • 6:15-7:15-- Fan-Tastic Day Party (reader event) in Rosemont
  • 8:00-9:00-- Carina Press Cocktail Party (They are giving away an iPad 2--maybe 3?--at this event!)


Coming this summer!
In addition to all of that, places where I'll be to support friends and have fun (for at least part of the time) include:

  • Wednesday-- Ellora's Cave Step Up & Stomp Party (9-12) and the YA Midnight Slumber Party (11:45-1)
  • Thursday-- Clan McFae Faery Ball (8:30-12)
  • Friday-- Heather Graham's Night of the Stars Party (9-12)
  • Saturday-- Giant Book Fair (10:45-2), SOS Military Mixer (3:30-4:45), Candy & Spoons (5-6), Harlequin Dance Party (9-12)

As far as swag goes, there will be Badlands trading cards again. Also, I have buttons! There will be Blood Kissed buttons in promo alley. But I'm also going to have some Badlands ones--complete with phoenix. There are two ways to get Badlands buttons. One is to attend the Gaslamp Gathering on Thursday. They will be in the goodie bags! As for the second way...

I will have a few extras with me (probably about 20-40). If you can't make the Gaslamp Gathering, you have to hunt me down (and hope I still have some) and give me a Badlands specific code word. In addition... I will also have a small stash of buttons featuring the Kiss of Death cover (probably only 20 of these, so if you want one, find me early!) and some Cupid's Conquests buttons. Each of these will have a specific code word. Make sure you know the word for what you want! 
  • The word for a Badlands button is: Dragonfly. 
  • The word for a Kiss of Death button is: Remus. 
  • The word for a Cupid's Conquests button is: Psyche.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think