Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tuesday Teases: Kelly Yeakle

Today's special guest is author Kelly Yeakle. Kelly's first novel, The Legacy Keeper's Treasure, is available now from Decadent Publishing.

.

(Blurb from Decadent Publishing's website)

When Alexa took a job in Ireland searching for the lost O'Shea treasure, she had no idea what she signing up for. Between vivid dreams, ghosts, and the old Irish legend that surrounds the castle, she is overwhelmed.



When she finds out the man she's been working so closely with is actually the heir to the O'Shea fortune, she is upset that once again a man has surrounded her with lies. Their relationship is further tested when a friend from the United States comes for a visit and Liam believes she's been telling her own tales.

Will their love prevail? Will Alexa find the missing treasure and discover her heart's desire?

.

Welcome to Ramblings and Romance, Kelly. Thanks for being here! Reading the blurb for The Legacy Keeper's Treasure, it kind of sounds more contemporary than paranormal. Do the ghosts and the legend have a bigger part to play than it sounds like?

Yes, the legend itself plays a huge role in the story and the dreams Alexa has.  You come to know a lot about the ghost, too.

.

As most people know, I have mad love for fictional men. Tell me a little more about your hero, Liam. What would make me fall for him?

Liam is that guy who isn’t afraid to get his hands dirty.  The guy who would do anything for you.  He’s humble, despite his wealthy background, and falling in love with him is easy!

.

Let's talk a little about your writing process. Are you a plotter or a pantser? Are there any things (place, time, etc) that you prefer for writing?

I’m definitely a fly by the seat of my pants girl.  I have tried plotting things out, and I end up going in a million other directions anyway.  So I sit down and write as I go.  I prefer having music in the background, and I can write just about anywhere though I love my comfy, worn out computer chair in my living room while the kids are nestled upstairs in bed.

.

What about your characters? Do you keep your images just in your head or do you find physical pictures to go with how you see them?

I definitely have an idea in my head of how my characters look.  Then I’m not satisfied until I find a picture of someone who suits.  One of the first cover options I was given had a guy and girl on it, but the girl just wasn’t my Alexa so we eliminated her and the cover that was chosen just had Liam and the castle!

.

Now that you've been through it once, what are your favorite and least favorite parts of the process of getting a book out there for people to read? Why?

I think I was very lucky in finding a publishing company that allows its authors to be so hands-on.  I enjoyed being able to choose my own cover, and having major input in the editing process.  My least favorite part was editing, to have some of my story chopped away, and knuckling down to write new stuff on a time schedule.  Now that my book is out there, self promotion has been my hardest challenge.



.

What book have you read recently and loved so much you wished you'd written it?

I haven’t really done too much reading lately.  Currently finishing up Samantha Gail’s Sentinels of Redemption and next on the list to read is Moon Sworn by Keri Arthur.

.

Name some authors who inspire you.

Nora Roberts, Stephenie Meyer, Charlaine Harris, Rachel Caine, and Kerrelyn Sparks to name a few of my favorites.

.

.

SPEED ROUND

Angels, Demons, or Fairies?

Fairies

Roses: red, pink or white?

None of the above, give me Calla Lillies any day or if I have to choose a rose, I like orange ones!

Rock, pop, country, or hip-hop?

Yes, Yes, Yes, and oh Yes!

Leather or lace (for you, not your man :P) ?

Lace

On the beach or by the fire?

By The Fire

.

Anything else you'd like to share with my readers?

Never give up on your dreams.  Always follow through when you start something.  And, treat others how you wish to be treated!



.

Thanks again for joining me today, Kelly!

And readers, if you want to know more about Kelly and her projects, please visit her blog.

4 comments:

  1. It's a fantastic book!! Great interview - Love all the pictures of Kelly-- looking good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to Seleste for a fabulous interview!

    Thanks Kathleen for your kind words! So glad you liked the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Seleste deLaney, Seleste deLaney. Seleste deLaney said: Hey, Kelly Yeakle is on the blog today talking about The Legacy Keeper's Treasure and writing. Stop by & say hi! http://bit.ly/alaztl [...]

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think