Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thirsty Thursday: Green Demon

In my attempt to try some new things, I stumbled upon this recipe. I will say the last time I mixed rum and vodka, I turned into a babbling idiot, but hey experimenting with stupidity can be fun :P

Green Demon

1 oz. Vodka

1 oz. Rum

1 oz. Midori Melon Liquer

Lemonade

Mix rum, vodka & Midori in a shaker. Pour over ice. Fill with lemonade & garnish with a cherry.

Review: Hubs said it had a light fruity taste with a kick that hit about a minute later in a very nice way. Made him want to give up his beer for the night. (9/10)

For me I think it had a little too much rum. I'm very sensitive to the flavor of rum and to me it overpowered the rest of the drink, so if I made it again (and I probably will) I'd go 1.5 oz of vodka and 0.5 oz rum (either that or make it bigger and just add more vodka and Midori). It's a gorgeous lime green color though and still quite tasty even with the extra rum. (8/10)

Looks-wise, it would make a fabulous Halloween punch... as long as no one's driving home.

1 comment:

  1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Danielle La Paglia, Paul Milford, Seleste deLaney, Julie Klumb, Seleste deLaney and others. Seleste deLaney said: Who's up for a nice little Green Demon? (Yep! It's Thirsty Thursday!) http://bit.ly/bN4fWk [...]

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think