Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sometimes It Feels Good

Super quick blog today since there's a TON of life and work stuff going on that I am woefully behind on.

However, I'm really geeked about something that happened recently and wanted to share. I recently offered a query critique in a charity auction. Did the critique and looked at the revised query and offered a few other suggestions. Thought that would be the end of it.

Nope.

Author contacted me just a few days ago to let me know they'd finally submitted the query to an agent and got a full request in response. It's possible nothing will come of this, but I was so excited for the author that I smiled all day. And I also felt really blessed that the author thought enough of my crit to keep me posted on how the journey was going.

Critiquing strangers/new people is not my favorite thing in the world, but it's moments like this that remind me why it's a good idea to do it anyway.

Thanks for making my day, author ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think