Tuesday, January 22, 2013

On Vacation

So, for those of you who didn't know, I turned the big 4-0 last weekend. Happy birthday to me and all that jazz. (Seriously though, I don't get the big deal about 40. Other than some extra aches and pains, I don't feel all that different than I did 10 or even 15 years ago.) Rather than clearing out my Amazon wish-list, my husband said I could plan our family vacation around my birthday. Woot!

So, right now, I am chilling in the Caribbean with the hubs and the kiddos. I may regret the latter part of the equation, but I didn't want to not include them.

This trip is also allowing me to check some of the places I use in a new romance novel. I want to make sure I get the feel (and details--at least as much as works) right. In theory, that means I could write the trip off. We'll see though.

I'm also (shoot me now before the plot bunnies eat my brain) debating an attempt at a romance novel in the vein of the married-with-kids rom-coms that have been coming out. For those of you not in that situation, it truly is a completely different world than the falling-in-love style romance. Is it better? *shrug* Maybe, maybe not (and it does bother me when movies make it seem like everyone would be better off married and with kids), but it is an area that is usually given the more serious treatment in the literary world. Someday, I'll give it a go.

You know, when I'm not sipping margaritas, listening to steel drums, and soaking up the sun... while my kids blast me with squirt guns.

Talk to you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think