Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thirsty Thursday: Bend Me Over

So, other than my green apple martini from the first Thirsty Thursday, this is the first one I've actually made and tested :P

Bend Me Over

1 oz. whiskey (we used Southern Comfort)

1/2 oz. amaretto (we used DiSaronno)

1 oz. sour mix

splash of Sierra Mist/Sprite/7-Up

Mix all ingredients in a shaker half-filled with ice. Shake well and strain into shot glasses.

My opinion: You can really smell the whiskey. If that's not to your taste, the scent might be a problem. It tastes pretty good, though if I were to make it again, I'd probably up the amaretto content to try to balance things out a little more.

Hubs opinion: Not bad, a little syrupy

I'm not overly fond of mixed shots, they just seem like a waste of effort to tell the truth, so odds are I wouldn't make this again (I'd rather have a drink that's going to last a while). But it was fairly tasty, like a whiskey sour with a twist. Grade: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think